Wednesday, October 3, 2012

FACE THE FUTURE-VOGUE ITALIA SEPT 2012

"FACE THE FUTURE"
Carolyn Murphy for Vogue Italia September 212
Photography by Steven Meisel 


Probably already a bit too late to talk about this but...I don't know about you but I find this to be very scary. While I understand the whole concept and creativity behind the production I still find it to be unsettling. Call me a square but I've never been a big fan of this sort of perturbing side of fashion. Vogue Italia would probably never hire me for anything lol! This photoshoot reminds me of Lady Gaga meets Marylin Manson meets the entire female cast of the original Dallas series, all of them on steroids. Come to think about it, put them all together and they would make a terrific horror movie. However... like it or not, there is a strong message behind this, and at the end of the day this fashion editorial did serve it's purpose which without a doubt to arouse, provoke, awake any sort of feeling on the reader. 

























Pin It

No comments: