Wednesday, July 17, 2013

OUFIT DETAILS: BUSTIERS AND HIGH WAISTED SHORTS

So, you guys didn't think I was done with my bustier did you? In fact I still have a few other ideas cooking up that I want to share with you further on. You're gonna love them. 

Today I'm showing you a way to wear a bustier with high waisted shorts. Again, the key word here is "high waisted." I bought this linen high waisted shorts a couple of years ago at Massimo Dutti. Whenever I need great classic pieces I go to Massimo Dutti. They're really good quality considering their price (although in Guatemala Massimo Dutti is not really cheap like in Spain). Every single piece of clothing that I've bought there has lasted me a very long time. This shorts are also incredibly versatile because of their neutral color, you can pair them up with several other tops and look great. I'm thinking a classic white button down shirt, basic little white t-shirt, a soft button down silk shirt, or a gingham bustier like the one in this post. I once wore this shorts with the cutest sailor stripe top with short ruffled sleeves, also from Massimo Dutti. The great thing about this outfit (aside from the fact that the shorts cover my not so tight stomach) is that the neutral color of the shorts allow the bustier to stand out and be the center of attention, which is exactly what we want. 

I visualize myself wearing this outfit while on vacation in Rio de Janeiro. I'm always fantasizing about being in Rio de Janeiro and you'll here me say it over and over again. 

Right now I'm showing you only outfit details. Why? because beauty is in the details and because it encourages fantasy and creativity. Later on today I'll be uploading the complete look post. As always, you're  just gonna have to stick around fo mo! 


Shorts: Massimo Dutti
Bustier: Anthropologie
Hat: Scotch & Soda
Bag: Massimo Dutti
Necklace: Vintage
Sunglasses & Opticals: Zara











Pin It

2 comments:

Elekon said...

what a wonderful post!
Just discovered your blog, great job!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! I hope you keep visiting the blog! Best regards to you